How to manage photo gallery

A

AC Question

I want to take the tab on a trip and need to be able to label and organize the photos but can't figure out how! Is it even possible?
Also, I downloaded some pics from my camera to my computer and every one of them showed up in the tab's Camera Uploads, even though I'd deleted a bunch from the computer Picassa program and hadn't sent them to Dropbox.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What tablet do you have? The way the camera works, it will save photos by default to the /DCIM/Camera folder. If you want to organize things on the go, you could use a file manager app like ES File Explorer and create other folders, either within the DCIM/Camera directory, or on the main directory, and then move those picture files there. When you go back to the Gallery app, those folders should appear.

When you say you downloaded some pics from your camera to your computer, are you saying you transferred some pics from your tablet to the computer, or that you transferred some pics from your actual point & shoot or SLR camera to your computer? If you transferred them from your tablet to the computer, did you do it via USB, or did you upload them to some cloud service like Google+/Picasa or Dropbox?

dhaydel

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I uploaded the pictures from the point and shoot camera directly to the PC by plugging the SD card into its slot and then the pictures showed up on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 under Downloads. I am very ignorant about computers in general and seem to be struggling over ever aspect of this tab beyond the absolute basics and cannot seem to find a good guide. I have a lot of questions beyond this one so if you know of any good sites for tutorials I would be grateful to hear of them.
I dowloaded the ES File Explorer as suggested but have no clue how to use it. Can you recommend a very easy, basic app for managing photo files that I could understand? I didn't even know that Picassa was a cloud service. Also didn't know that Google Plus could be set to auto upload. Can I set that up on the tab as well as the PC?
Sorry to be so ignorant. I am 65 and my brain is not computer savvy but I'm trying!

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
can't download pictures from Galaxy 3, option to change USB setting does not show up HELP
Welcome to Android Central.

When you attach the mini usb to your S3 or Note 3 and then plug the full usb to your computers usb port, you should get a notification on the top bar saying connected as an MTP device. You can change that to PTP by pulling down the shade to select.
If the phone is not recognised you may need Samsung drivers. Best way is to download Samsung Kies to your pc, then connect the phone and it will update drivers first.
Once connected you don't need Kies to copy photos if you like. Just use Windows Explorer to find the DCIM file as mentioned and drag them across to a new folder or however you want to do it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR