A

AC Question

OnePlus One
Android version
CyanogenMod version
11.0-XNPH300

This is my issue:
- open Google messaging app
- click the microphone icon (to the left of the space bar)
- language indication above the circle with the red microphone displays "Default: English (US) - 1 additional"
- click on the language indication bar
- language menu comes up titled "Current language settings" displaying English (US) and Polski (Polska)
- click on Polski (Polska)
- the language indication above still displays "Default: English (US) - 1 additional"

I can't choose a different language to dictate a text message. What am I doing wrong?
Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Language & Input, and see if there is a "Google voice typing" selection under Keyboard & Input Methods. Tap the setting icon next to it, and tap Languages. Then pick Polski. Hopefully that works.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you connected to the web when you're Voice Typing? If not, then you have to make sure you have Polish downloaded for offline speech recognition. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that there is a Polish offline language package to download, so make sure you're connected to the web via mobile data or wi-fi when you dictate.

The other thing to make sure is when you're in the Google Voice Typing settings, select Languages, and press and hold Polski to make it the default.

EDIT: I just tested this out on my phone, and pressing and holding Polski is the correct thing to do in the Google Voice Typing settings. That will make Polski the default dictation language. I don't know why you can't just choose the language on the fly from the actual dictation screen--might be a bug. But anyway, the above should work for you.

Radek Migula

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
If I make Polski default then I can't choose English on the fly from the drop down menu.
It is listed there and you can click on it but it will not be selected.

I'm leaning towards that its a bug.

Thank you for the help on this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think you're right. Report it to Google. Go back to that Google Voice Typing settings menu, tap the Menu button, then Help & Feedback. On the next screen, tap on the Send Feedback button at the bottom, and let them know!

sonofjon

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
There is a bug reported on the Android bug tracker. Please vote for it to get Google's attention.

I can't post a proper link unfortunately (needs a minimum of ten posts to have this privilege). It's bug number 77089 at

https:// code . google . com / p / android / issues / detail?id=77089

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech