Samsung S4 screen replacement, Screen goes black

A

AC Question

Hello,

I am trying to replace the screen on my samsung galaxy S4 and everthing so fare has gone with out a problem. I have put the prints on the new screen and connected all cables so fare so good it also boots up fine, but here comes the problem. if I put back on the back frame (the pieces where power button and the button with volume op and down) the screen turns black like the phone goes in to sleep mode. But I cannot wake it again with either the the power- or home button. if I take of the back frame agaiin I can turn on the phone and it works like a charm. If I then apply a slight pressur on the cable connected it goes black and I have to take off the battery and set it back on and the phone works just fine again. could it be a defektiv screen?

Sorry for my bad english. I hope you undsand what I mean.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Is it possible that the cable that you refer to is itself faulty? Was this cable originally part of the phone or did it come with the new screen?

(...Your English by the way is very good.)

Posted via Android Central App

Jakob Nielsen1

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
It might be, that is what I am tryin to figure out :)

I cant post a link to a picture, but the cable it self is pre installed/connected to the LCD it self.

I just need to figure out if it is the cable before I send it back to the store. so they don't charge me for testing it.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry, my reply much have seemed foolish. What I meant was, if the cable was part of the phone, perhaps that's why the first screen failed. But since you say it's part of the new screen, that's not so likely to be the case....though of course it's possibly faulty even though new.
Could the power button be involved at all, considering that they can give trouble on Samsungs after much use?

I see you've joined as a member...Welcome!

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy