LG G2 Very Poor Volume Through Aux Port To Car Stereo

U

Unregistered

I have a very nice stereo system that puts out some obnoxiously loud music. Once I attach the LG and turn on my music I lose half of my volume and some clarity whether using it with the aux or the Bluetooth. I know when you connect it to the AUX port, as a safety feature it turns the phone output volume down each and every time you connect to the AUX port. I swear that is the most irritating thing ever, I'm not a two year old, if I want to blow my eardrums out, its my problem. Irregardless at full volume I still lose half my volume available to my stereo. I know it is an LG problem as I did not have it with my iPhone. I am NOT a teenager looking to annoy the neighbors I am a 40 year old mother of two. I just want it to work properly. Verizon has replaced the phone 3 times and now refuses to do it again. My question is; is rooting the phone the only way to fix this, or is there another way? I really don't want to root the phone as I know I would probably break it. also, recently it has been losing connection with the Bluetooth and crackling or coming in and out of reception I did not have this problem until recently and have been using the same bluetooth.
I really like the phone it's awesome any tweaks or ideas would be helpful. just a couple of bugs that are irritating.
Thanks in advance

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I swear that is the most irritating thing ever, I'm not a two year old, if I want to blow my eardrums out, its my problem.
Not really. Even if you sign a notarized document that you know what you're doing, if you go deaf because the volume in the earphones is too high, and you sue LG, the court will allow the suit, costing LG more than the retail price of the phone, even if they win.

The only way to "fix" this is to modify the phone. Rooting does one thing - it allows apps that need root access to run. It has nothing to do with the hardware.

Apple has a multi-function connector - the earphone output on an iPhone isn't the same as the aux output - so they can run full audio to the aux pin while still keeping the earphone volume low.

If your car radio can't take the earphone output of a cellphone and give you full volume from the car speakers, it could be that the car radio simply isn't designed to work with cellphones that use the earphone jack for audio output. Some have a high sensitivity input. Or you could use an external preamp between the phone and the radio. (The fact that the level in the radio is low with Bluetooth also would lead me to believe that the problem lies in the radio, not in the phone.)

As far as the Bluetooth problem, that sounds like a faulty Bluetooth radio in the phone (or a faulty Bluetooth radio in whatever device you're using - earphone, car stereo, etc.)

Melody Librande

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I know it's not the stereo as it's a brand new system installed in December. One of the requirements at the time of purchase was that it be capable and designed for this purpose as that would be main use percent of the time. It Was made very clear when purchasing the system that I would do very rarely use the stereo for anything other then plugging my phone into the AUX port or using a Bluetooth. It has been checked out by the installers and found to be in perfect working order with no issues. I do know that LG g2 supposedly has as high sensitivity output but it may be that Verizon has messed with that?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza