Lg Optimus Pro E980 screen issue

A

AC Question

My Lg Optimus Pro's screen goes dark when I answer or make a call. I can hear and speak, but can't even end the call. The digitizer does not respond and I even enabled the "power key ends call" function, but it didn't work. However, phone and screen operation is normal when using Bluetooth or plug-in headphones. Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The screen is supposed to go dark during a call when it's up against your ear, which is what the proximity sensor is for. Are you saying it goes dark even if you're on speakerphone, with the phone away from your ear? Or that it remains dark after the call has ended and the phone is away from your ear?

Do you have a screen protector or a case? These can sometimes interfere with the proximity sensor.

poit57

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I just repaired a broken screen for a friend and she started experiencing the same behavior. I thought I might have mistakenly covered up the proximity sensor with adhesive under the new screen. I removed the screen and got a sheet of adhesive precut for this phone, but the phone still does the same thing.

As soon as a call is connected, the screen goes black and doesn't come back on until the other party ends the phone call. Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: I also tried enabling the "Power button ends calls" option, but that didn't make a difference. This issue causes a long wait for the phone to be usable again if an outbound call is connected to someone's voice mail.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay