S4 Black Screen issus

A

AC Question

am in Jamaica and a day ago my phone suddenly went into black screen n it's not coming out. when to the phone tech all i hear it want a new screen which its 28k for it. i didn't drop it or anything am using a AT&T i337, anyone can tell me wat to do???? plz.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you tell if the phone itself is still on and working? Do you still get calls while the screen is black? If so, then the screen has probably failed, and you need to replace it. This kind of thing can happen spontaneously, unfortunately. Any recent moisture exposure? That's another common cause.

DDDice

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
yes its still working find. its just the screen. i always keep it in a otter box defense series case. so i guess thats where it get the moist from.. this is crap. N besides its not even a year old as yet, this is like buying 2 phones in less than a year

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
If you can get into Recovery Mode, try wiping the Cache Partition.

Oops posted same moment. Battery sounds possibly suspect to me too.

Posted via Android Central App

DDDice

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
well yes it does. after the white screen its just straight black screen. wiping n factory reset but i cant due to the black screen. i even try wiping it with the AVG anti-thief app n still unable to

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Maybe you can do the wipe cache partition blind.
It's the 5th of 6 options that you scroll down with the volume down key and select with the power key. Give it a minute or so, the reboot (1st option) will be highlighted automatically again, press power and it would restart.
Let us know if you want to try it and you can get a walk through.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=298808

2e4ahebe.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro