Google+ Photos

A

AC Question

Hello Everyone,
I need some advice to hopefully solve a frustrating problem I am having...

I spend a lot of time in areas where there is no access to cell cell phone or Wi-Fi. I want to be able to have my photos in the cloud and sync/cached with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S5 w/ 64GB Card). This way I can upload photos from the desktop Picasa or web and have them sync/cache to my phone. I have thought about moving to another service to accomplish this, but have not really found anything to do this well.

I currently have Dropbox Business and they are forcing people to use Dropbox personal to access photos. Plus I want the photos on the SD card and programs like Dropsync can not access the SD due to Kitkat. Then there is the keeping the for offline access problem by not being able to mark an entire folder as a favorite unless rooted.

I am currently using Tool for Picasa to download my photos, but I seem to always have problems with it. For example, I have all my albums set to offline access, but they just had an update right before I went into a spot where I had no internet and during my offline time I wanted to show someone a video and some pictures. Well to my surprise I was not able to view anything. So when I got back to internet I cleared the cache and started over. I think it may fix it for now, but I don't want to risk going offline and have an unreliable way to check photos.

I have also tired the Google+ photos app and made sure that my Google account was syncing. I have removed the Picasa gallery sync since I want my photos in albums not a giant list. Every time I wanted to access my photos through the app things seems to work well up till I went offline a few times and I was missing parts of my albums. I really like being able to force a sync and have all my photos download/cache.

So now that I am done babbling, does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on either an app or a work around?

Thanks in advance,
Randy

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae