HTC One X syncs thousands of photos

YoniHomie

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm using an HTC One X and my computer is running Windows 7. The problem I have is when I'm syncing photos to my PC, in order to save space on my phone. However, when I do so by importing them using the Windows photo gallery, it thinks I have thousands of photos on my phone (even though I may have just over a hundred), imports them (which takes forever) and fills up my PC hard drive with multiple copies of a photo, usually in multiple sizes. I would rather just have those original photos. It is a pain to go through and delete all the photos from my PC. Duplicate photo scanning software are no help either as the amount of pictures is simply massive and deleting the photos is very time consuming. Please help, thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The Import Photo function in Windows is a little excessive, since it will import pretty much any image--including thumbnails, I think. I find it better to use Windows Explorer for manual dragging and dropping of photos. I typically copy all of my current photos over to the computer's hard drive, then delete the photos on my phone. I upload the photos I like to my Google+ albums (using the Picasa program on my PC), so that I still have access on my phone (via the cloud). Subsequently, any new pictures I take using the camera are easy to identify, because they're the only ones locally on the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463