Galaxy S5 writing/deleting from extSdCard issue

D

Dioncast

I recently started having issues writing and deleting from my External SD Card on my S5. Pictures will save fine to the card, as other items that are written and deleted by app or the system. The issue I'm having, is using a, multiple actually, file manager/explorer apps and copying or moving/pasting to the SD card. I can create Folders on the card, but I can't turn around and delete them. In order to move files to or delete folders/files from the card, I have to use my PC. I've tried with multiple cards, varying sizes, and still have the same issue. Anyone else seen tjis?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, this is a KitKat 'issue'. It's just how it works now with SD Card and non-system apps. If you use the stock File Manager you should be able to do pretty much anything with the SD Card contents, but when you try to use a 3rd party app, things get blocked. Android now provides read-access and VERY limited write access to these applications. Mostly, stuff they didn't create or isn't in their own app folders, they can't modify.

dioncast

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks so much for the quick response. It's too bad they limit this access, especially to the SD Card, but on the other hand, now I know what that mew app is for. :). Thanks again, time to root!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR