Reverse bluetooth audio

A

AC Question

Hi all. I purchased a bluetooth device to stream audio to my phone. I have them paired but when I hit play from the other device nothing comes through the speakers or headphones. Please help. Thank you.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Which product do you own? And when you pair the two, how does the transmitter device appear in there? Honestly, I've never tried 'reverse audio' through my phone other than the Group Play feature of Samsung phones, but it shouldn't be too hard to troubleshoot.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
What are you trying to stream? Or what do you want to play through your phone's speakers? If it's audio from another phone, you could use the AllCast app to send and the AllCast Receiver app to receive.

fmx123

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
What are you trying to stream? Or what do you want to play through your phone's speakers? If it's audio from another phone, you could use the AllCast app to send and the AllCast Receiver app to receive.
It's from a radar detector on my bike. I tried to post thisa second ago but it didn't seem to go through. Would this one work? Just hit play on the other ride and it would come right through? (amzn.to) 1mJxUlH **sorry can't post full links**

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is it the SBH20P? If so, this wouldn't let you transmit audio from the radar to your phone. It's a bluetooth headset, and it would let you stream music from your phone to the headphones on the SBH20P. The music controls are to take the appropriate action in your phone's music player.

You can try something like this: Amazon.com: Britelink Bluetooth Audio Transmitter- Portable, Bluetooth Music Transmitter for 3.5 mm Audio Devices Wireless Streaming iPod,MP3,MP4,TV,media players: MP3 Players & Accessories

BUT I'm not sure how it would work with your phone, as these are designed to work with Bluetooth speakers. I'm not sure if, when paired with your phone, it would let the phone act as a speaker.

fmx123

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
BUT I'm not sure how it would work with your phone, as these are designed to work with Bluetooth speakers. I'm not sure if, when paired with your phone, it would let the phone act as a speaker.
Seriously? Oh wow, I give up. Thanks for the help Spook.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
No problem, wish I could have given you a solution, but I assume that you want the radar to just play the sound through SOMETHING, right? You could try the transmitter I sent you before and just any bluetooth speaker. Or why not just a single, wired speaker instead of the transmitter and BT speaker? That would save you money...

fmx123

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
No problem, wish I could have given you a solution, but I assume that you want the radar to just play the sound through SOMETHING, right? You could try the transmitter I sent you before and just any bluetooth speaker. Or why not just a single, wired speaker instead of the transmitter and BT speaker? That would save you money...
The issue is that I need my phone to be playing music simultaneously. I can't ride in silence. I had another thought:
Perhaps there's a cable that will allow two audio sources into one jack?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, you can do that. There's the 'expensive' way, by using a proper mixer and have the two audio sources merged into a single output, your you could try a Headphone Jack splitter. Sure, the latter is not meant to do what you want (it's actually meant to do the opposite: one audio source into two outputs), but essentially, all the pins are connected together, like christmas lights. But I've never tried it, so you might get some awful noise in your headphones when there's no audio coming from your radar or have the phone recognize any signal from the radar as a headset command or something. But it's worth a try and these cables are not expensive at all.

fmx123

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Well, you can do that. There's the 'expensive' way, by using a proper mixer and have the two audio sources merged into a single output, your you could try a Headphone Jack splitter. Sure, the latter is not meant to do what you want (it's actually meant to do the opposite: one audio source into two outputs), but essentially, all the pins are connected together, like christmas lights. But I've never tried it, so you might get some awful noise in your headphones when there's no audio coming from your radar or have the phone recognize any signal from the radar as a headset command or something. But it's worth a try and these cables are not expensive at all.
Thanks Spook. That's more or less what I broke it down to. I ordered the cable you described, a well reviewed one. One straight cable from phone into it for music, the other into a bluetooth receiver to the radar detector.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante