Auxiliary port Issues

Billy Anderson

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Whenever I plug an auxiliary cord that is connected to an electrical source(anything besides headphones) I am met with a heart beat like pulse through the speakers, and the music plays though the phone. When i turn off the power source(vehicle, receiver, ect) the beating goes away and my phone recognizes it has an aux cord plugged into it. This is quiet the issue as I always use my phones music for work as well as playing recordings through the PA system.

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
This is a VERY common interference problem with AUX cables and, especially, car receivers. It's got to do with the grounding and electrical noise/crosstalk of the wiring. A few things you could try:
1) Get a different cable. One that is better insulated should take care of things.
2) Try shorter cables. The longer the cable is, the more susceptible to noise it becomes as it begins to act more and more like an Antenna (very long cables can actually pick up audio from radio stations and you can faintly hear them in the background when your music source is paused).
3) Check the same cable that's giving you issues and try it with another phone. Does the same happen? This is much better if you use the same model as yours to compare.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Make sure the plugs for the external speakers or for the car match the plug for you headphones (assuming your headphones work). Perhaps they're designed for a different device (like an iPhone), whose headphone jack uses a somewhat different configuration.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Make sure the plugs for the external speakers or for the car match the plug for you headphones (assuming your headphones work). Perhaps they're designed for a different device (like an iPhone), whose headphone jack uses a somewhat different configuration.
Yup, if you're plugging in a headset-like device (with music/phone controls on it) for iPhone it might give you trouble. The audio pins are the same, but the control ones are not, and that's what could cause the crosstalk on your device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34