Unfortunately contacts has stopped on Galaxy S5

A

AC Question

The error message, contrary to what indicated by others with a similar issue, does not mention Samsung Link.
My message say Unfortunately CONTACTS has stopped. If a turn off and on again the phone, contacts works for a few times only to stop again.
I use smoothsync for Cloud contact and never had a problem in the past.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You could try going into Application Manager in your phone, finding the Contacts app, and clear cache. This usually takes care of most rogue apps, but if that should fail, try clearing data (just make sure your contacts ARE safely stored in the Cloud and that you're OK with re-syncing them to your phone as this option deletes all contact information from your phone and re-forces Sync, if available).

If you're using a 3rd party cloud sync solution, this COULD give you problems even if it didn't in the past.

Nicholas Sean

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
This works 100%!!! make sure you, backup your contacts with Google and go to your application manager go to all select contacts, phone catalogs provider ma contacts shut them all off go to the turned off applications column clear all data from phones, contactsync,contacts, logsprovider, turn back on and it should fix all your problems with the unfortunately contacts has stopped any questions enail me djinthem6 at gmail dot com, thanks Nick

Nipstyler

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
I had the popup saying unfortunately contacts had stopped working. Would happen randomly but mostly when exiting another app. Tried the turning off Samsung account no joy. Then tried clearing cache and data. This didn't work either. Read about samlink and google+ causing this error elsewhere. Disabled both of these apps in program manager and the problem has gone. Worth trying by anyone who still has this error. I don't use either of those programs so hasn't affected my phone not having them running.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463