problem with sim card

A

AC Question

I took my SIM card out of my samsung galaxy s4 and put it in my new samsung but the SIM card comes up "invalid SIM card"Network locked SIM card inserted.. what can I do to fix the problem? thanks

Jscow

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
It's the same phone samsung s4,I bought it off a guy who said it was unlocked.When I put my SIM card in it and turn it on "SIM network unlock PIN" comes up. He said the PIN was 6 sixes but when I tried using the number he gave me to unlock it doesn't work..

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It's the same phone samsung s4,I bought it off a guy who said it was unlocked.When I put my SIM card in it and turn it on "SIM network unlock PIN" comes up. He said the PIN was 6 sixes but when I tried using the number he gave me to unlock it doesn't work..

Then it sounds like he is giving you the incorrect pin. Where did you buy the phone?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
from a private seller,he bought it from Future shop...So I can't do anything until he gives me the correct PIN to unlock it?

It would seem so. Is there any chance you could get your money back? Seems odd that he would be giving you an incorrect pin on purpose.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No, you can switch the SIM card from phone to phone as fast as they phones start up - 5 or 10 an hour. (I have no idea why you'd want to, but it would work.)

The phone's not unlocked, so selling it as an unlocked phone was fraud. Giving you an incorrect unlock code (and it's almost impossible that it's 6 of the same digit) was also fraud. And if you try the unlock code too many times, it locks permanently, and you have to get a master unlock code from the carrier it's locked to, and it has to be on an active account with them.

I'd try to find the guy and get my money back, or if you can't find him (number disconnected, email not answered, etc.) I'd go to the police and file a complaint for fraud.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma