Hotspot connected but no internet access except facebook, youtube

reklunsasa

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I setup a portable hotspot from a Sony Ericsson mobile phone and share the internet to my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet.

It works fine for months until this morning. I can get to the internet normally from my mobile but not from my tablet.

I can see connected status from my tablet and can view facebook and youtube. However, all apps and even chrome dont have access to the internet.

It just hangs for long time and shows a message of "cant connect to network".

I tried re-registering network, restarting wifi, restarting mobile and tablet but nothing changed.

Any thoughts or similar issue?

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean by re-registering the network? I would suggest deleting the hotspot on your phone and forgetting the network on your tablet. Then set the hotspot up again on your phone, and then try to connect with the tablet again. Apologies if this is in fact what you did.

reklunsasa

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi Diddy,

Thank you for your suggestion. When I said re-reregistering, I mean I register to the mobile network provider from my mobile.

I tried to rename and reset my hotspot and then reconnect by doing "forget" and reconnect again.

Unfortunately, it doesnt work. I can see facebook update, youtube and the messager is working but apps other than these 3 have no access.

Do you have any idea why facebook and youtube are working but not other apps? I did some research on google and seems that some people have issue as well but there s no follow up.

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's weird. On your tablet, long press the hotspot's network, then Modify Network, then tap the Show Advanced Options box, and make sure Proxy is set to None, and that DHCP is selected.