A

AC Question

reset my s3 to clear info now it won't charge or connect to pc

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to AC :)
What happens when you connect it to a charger? Does it charge slowly or not at all? Does the LED light up telling you that it's charging?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
would loading latest firm ware help ?

To do that your computer would have to be able to recognize the device in the first place. If it's not booting up in any way you try it, the device is likely going to have to be replaced or repaired :-\

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
it boots up fine work fine but after the reset it does not see the usb port for charging or connecting to a pc

Oh, I see. I thought it had discharged and is no longer charging. Have you tried cleaning out charging port? You can use something like a compressed air can to clear out any debris that may have gotten inside.

donburt

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
yes tried electrical contact cleaner no change it was charging right before the reset it stopped in the middle of the reset had to remove battery and reset again to get back to start screen

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
yes tried electrical contact cleaner no change it was charging right before the reset it stopped in the middle of the reset had to remove battery and reset again to get back to start screen

Hmm. Not sure what else to suggest then, as that's almost surely a hardware issue. I'm guessing you don't have insurance with your carrier?

donburt

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
found the port to be weak will charge if i use charger for my Galaxy tab even then have to move cable around any idea's how to replace port or clean beyond using contact cleaner i have done that 4 times

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
found the port to be weak will charge if i use charger for my Galaxy tab even then have to move cable around any idea's how to replace port or clean beyond using contact cleaner i have done that 4 times

I found a couple if videos on YouTube but they're pretty long. You should watch one and see if it's something you think is doable for you :)