Hi,

I'm using my Sprint Galaxy S4 with EasyTether and am having a problem I haven't had with several other phones. For some reason, the "Allow USB debugging?" security prompt always comes up on connection, regardless of how many times I check the "Always allow from this computer" option. If the phone display is not unlocked, you don't even get that. I'm hoping to move my S4 to a permanent unattended tethered application (replacing an existing Android from Virgin Mobile running on the same network), but I won't be able to do so if I can't eliminate this issue. I already have a system that disconnects and reconnects the USB automatically when the network connection is lost, but that won't work if it requires a user to accept the USB debugging prompt each time. I'd consider rooting the phone if that could be ensured to eliminate the problem, but I'd rather not have to. Any information on solving this would be greatly appreciated. This doesn't seem like a common issue.

Thanks,

Beo
    08-26-2014 09:59 PM
    Hi,

I'm using my Sprint Galaxy S4 with EasyTether and am having a problem I haven't had with several other phones. For some reason, the "Allow USB debugging?" security prompt always comes up on connection, regardless of how many times I check the "Always allow from this computer" option. If the phone display is not unlocked, you don't even get that. I'm hoping to move my S4 to a permanent unattended tethered application (replacing an existing Android from Virgin Mobile running on the same network), but I won't be able to do so if I can't eliminate this issue. I already have a system that disconnects and reconnects the USB automatically when the network connection is lost, but that won't work if it requires a user to accept the USB debugging prompt each time. I'd consider rooting the phone if that could be ensured to eliminate the problem, but I'd rather not have to. Any information on solving this would be greatly appreciated. This doesn't seem like a common issue.

Thanks,

Beo
    Hello, have you enabled USB Debugging manually in the settings?

Sent from my nifty 2 year old AT&T HTC One XL
    08-26-2014 10:06 PM
    Of course. Otherwise I wouldn't be getting the USB debugging prompt at all and EasyTether wouldn't work. That's not the issue. The funny thing is that the developer menu has an option for CLEARING the remembered keys, which apparently does nothing since it doesn't remember them!

Beo
    08-27-2014 01:00 AM
    Of course. Otherwise I wouldn't be getting the USB debugging prompt at all and EasyTether wouldn't work. That's not the issue. The funny thing is that the developer menu has an option for CLEARING the remembered keys, which apparently does nothing since it doesn't remember them!

Beo
    08-27-2014 01:03 AM