kitkat 4.4 annoying notification to change sms app

N

nickkmonsterr

the stock messaging app for Sony xperia z1 is a little boring and does not have pop up messages so i use go sms app because i love the contact icon i get when i get a message but to reply back it must be my default and when i open my stock app it tells me to make that my default now! stop asking just return it the way it was no need to pick a default

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Have you set GO SMS to be your default messaging app? When you receive a message, does it come through GO SMS? If so, why are you opening the stock messaging app? If you have set GO SMS to be default and then open the stock messaging app, I wouldn't be surprised if it asks you if you want to make it default.

nickkmonsterr

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
i do use Go sms most of the time and recieve messages but while i have that picked my message widget continues to show i have messages it is disabled it is easier to use both then just one because they both have perks

nickkmonsterr

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
thats correct i only use Go sms for the pop up messaging if i dont reply using pop up i use the stock app because its much faster and better looking i might just have to deal with this problem i guess

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I think you'll just have to deal with it. When two apps perform the same function in Android, it will always ask you which app you want to use--you can either pick "Just Once" or "Always." There's no in-between, unfortunately.

jnib

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I get the same message using SMS Backup instead of the Android message client. It doesn't give me the choice of always or just once or anything else, it pops up every single time I send a text. I feel like I'm being forced to scrap sms backup for my sanity sake.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey