htc m8 getting really hot!!!!!

tigerchilly

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Phone gets really hot while charging and barely charges while in use.
I never had this problem before..
Also i want to get the back of my phone engraved..will this do damage to it?
Any advice guys.
Thanks

can i engrave htc one m8?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
There may be a problem with the battery, or perhaps with the charger or USB lead. Try to get those checked first. If all turn out to be good, we'll try to think of something else.

I can think of no reason for not engraving the back of your phone if you wish to. It might affect its resale value but perhaps that doesn't matter to you. You could always buy a replacement back if necessary, or if the engraving goes wrong.

Posted via Android Central App

tigerchilly

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I'll try using a different original htc charger. When in standby and charging it's fine but when I'm using the phone on charge it gets to around 65+ degrees Celsius (that's what the battry widget for dashckock says).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you're doing some heavy processing on the phone while it's plugged in, it can get warmer than usual, and it may not charge as quickly (or even at all).

tigerchilly

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I do have alot on in the background but didn't have that problem before.I've just had it plugged in since my last comment with everything cleared from recent apps and phone is past hot its extremely hot... I will have to contact my provider to see if they will sort something out for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37