fastboot

A

AC Question

I have an HTC One X. I had a good custom rom installed with 4.4.2. Then I made an error. I tried to go back to a saved image of the original rom. It would not load the backup. Then I made the error. I selected Factory Reset on the HBOOT screen. Now I can't get back on the phone except in HBOOT or Fastboot. I can get to HBOOT and TWRP but there is no Restore image.

When I connect the phone to my computer and try to send a file to the phone, I can get a connection with Fastboot but not ADB. To do this I set the Phone to Fastboot and I used fastboot devices on the computer and got a good connection. Now I would like to use fastboot to send an image to the phone. I have rom.zip files but no image files that I know of.

I have a lot of help using ADB but this will not connect. Any suggestions on how I can use fastboot to get my phone back to operational?

I just tried two fastboot commands. This was the result.

fastboot -w
erase successful, but not automatically formatting
can't determine partition type
failed (remote: unknown command)
erasing 'user data'
failed (remote: not allowed)
finished. total time 0.010s

fastboot update romfile.zip
this took a long time and seemed to be doing something. then got this

archive does not contain 'android-info.txt'
archive does not contain 'android-product.txt'
error: updata has no android-info.txt or android-product.txt

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I have an HTC One X. I had a good custom rom installed with 4.4.2. Then I made an error. I tried to go back to a saved image of the original rom. It would not load the backup. Then I made the error. I selected Factory Reset on the HBOOT screen. Now I can't get back on the phone except in HBOOT or Fastboot. I can get to HBOOT and TWRP but there is no Restore image.

When I connect the phone to my computer and try to send a file to the phone, I can get a connection with Fastboot but not ADB. To do this I set the Phone to Fastboot and I used fastboot devices on the computer and got a good connection. Now I would like to use fastboot to send an image to the phone. I have rom.zip files but no image files that I know of.

I have a lot of help using ADB but this will not connect. Any suggestions on how I can use fastboot to get my phone back to operational?

I just tried two fastboot commands. This was the result.

fastboot -w
erasing 'user data'
failed (remote: not allowed)
finished. total time 0.010s

fastboot update romfile.zip
this took a long time and seemed to be doing something. then got this

archive does not contain 'android-info.txt'
archive does not contain 'android-product.txt'
error: updata has no android-info.txt or android-product.txt

Hello. I'm a bit confused as to what you want to do. If there isn't any backups, then you can mount the phone in recovery, put in a ROM in the internal storage, and flash it.

dpeteual

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
I am trying to get a bootable HTC One X. I have TWRP installed but I don't see any restore images. I have restore images on my pc but I can't get them on the phone.

I can't get a ADB connection but I can get a Fastboot connection.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to get a bootable HTC One X. I have TWRP installed but I don't see any restore images. I have restore images on my pc but I can't get them on the phone.

I can't get a ADB connection but I can get a Fastboot connection.

Have you tried mounting in recovery, or ADB sideload? Not sure what you mean by restore images, all you would need is a compatible ROM.

dpeteual

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
I have tried all these. ADB sideload won't continue. I have compatible roms. They are zip files. I can't load zip files. When I try to use HBOOT the phone doesn't connect and there is no driver loaded in the Device Manager. If I select Fastboot instead of HBOOT, I get a driver in Device Manager and the phone connects with a good fastboot devices on the PC. If you look at my first post, you can see what happens when I use fastboot. "cannot determine partition type". I really appreciate your trying to help.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I have tried all these. ADB sideload won't continue. I have compatible roms. They are zip files. I can't load zip files. When I try to use HBOOT the phone doesn't connect and there is no driver loaded in the Device Manager. If I select Fastboot instead of HBOOT, I get a driver in Device Manager and the phone connects with a good fastboot devices on the PC. If you look at my first post, you can see what happens when I use fastboot. "cannot determine partition type". I really appreciate your trying to help.
Are you using Windows 8 or 7?

Sent from my nifty 2 year old AT&T HTC One XL

dpeteual

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
I originally tried Windows 8.1 and could not get any connections with fastboot or adb. I am now using a Windows XP computer. Now I can get the fastboot connection but no the adb connection.

I also tried connecting the phone to a MAC. "adb devices" works but does not show the phone as connected in either HBOOT or Fastboot mode. "fastboot devices" shows the phone as connected when the phone is in fastboot mode.

I have an HTC One X AT&T that tells me that it is evita. I had a good custom rom installed with 4.4.2. Then I made an error. I tried to go back to a saved image of the original rom. It would not load the backup. Then I made the error. I selected Factory Reset on the HBOOT screen. Now I can't get back on the phone except in HBOOT or Fastboot. I can get to HBOOT and TWRP but there is no Restore image.

I believe that I have the latest drivers on my PC for the HTC, however when I connect the phone to the PC with the phone in HBoot mode, I don't see a driver in Device Manager. The PC detects a new device and offers to Format (I cancel). If I try "adb devices" adb works but does not see my phone. If I set the phone to Fastboot, I see the driver in Device Manager. Then when I use fastboot on the PC, I see the phone as connected. (Windows XP computer). I also tried connecting the phone to a MAC. Worked the same way ("fastboot devices" shows the phone, "adb devices" does not show the phone)

I have tried a lot of things but none work. It appears my main problem is I can't bet adb to find the device even though fastboot works fine. I used fastboot to getvar all. There were two things that I have heard may be a problem: cidnum: 11111111 and Security: On.

I found RUU files that are supposed to work but they fail. From other threads it appears that my first problem is getting S-Off. Without having access to the phone menus, I haven't been able to do that. I have tried Rumrunner but no luck.

Any suggestions.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy