Need help setting up my phone as the primary music player

A

AC Question

Until now I've always used an iPod, but I'm ready to make the switch to just using my Android phone. I'm trying to use Google Play music. I like that I can upload my entire library of music and have access to it basically everywhere. However, how well it functions in the car is my primary concern, and so far I'm not 100% happy with it. First off, the interface just isn't as easy/quick to use as the iPod's interface. Second, I'm stuck using an auxiliary cable instead of USB like I was able to do with the iPod. Not only did the iPod cable keep it charged, but it transferred a better signal IMO, that IS correct, right? I believe I read somewhere that over auxiliary it's just a mono signal.

So far, when I play music in the car, I have to turn it up way louder than I would have to on the iPod, even with the media volume on the phone turned all the way up. Not a huge deal until we switch to the radio or a CD and almost bust our ear drums. Also, the sound quality just doesn't seem as good, and I have the stream quality set to High. What I'd really like to do is store the music on the phone so that it doesn't have to stream. But, I'm not exactly clear on how to do that. I see options about caching music but that just seems temporary. I've seen that you can click on the elippses in the corner of an album and download the album, but that would be a lot of work to download each album manually, plus I would want the music to stay synced as I add new stuff and it doesn't seem like it would that way.

So is there any way with Google Play Music to have all of the music stored on my phone (SD card, specifically) and stay synced as I add new music? If not, I've read good things about DoubleTwist, would that work for what I'm trying to do here? It specifically says it can sync with my library via wi-fi, so that would be great. The only thing I'm not clear on is whether or not I can store my music on an SD card and access it there (my library is way too big for just my phones internal memory).

Any help on that would be appreciated. Final question, would playing my music in the car via bluetooth instead of the auxiliary cable result in better quality?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waterpig