Cannot connect to wifi--constant cycle of obtaining IP address

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy Metrix. It would not connect to my home wifi. It says "obtaining IP address from ..." then "disconnected" then "scanning..." then nothing then "scanning..." again until I select my wifi's name (because it says "connection unsuccessful. select to try again"). Then the cycle starts over. I tried turning the phone on and off, turning airplane mode on and off, turning the phone's wifi on and off, unplugging my wifi modem & plugging it back in again. But the wifi works fine on my laptop, so I figured it was an issue with the phone. So I took it to the US Cellular store, where they told me I needed to do a factory reset, which was horrible because Gmail only restored six of my backed up contacts for some reason (unsure if that could be related), not to mention that it did not solve my wifi problem at all. So I tried just about every free app I could find in the playstore that said it could fix wifi connection problems. One of them seemed to work for a split second, but then we were right back into the cycle. Please tell me there is a solution for this! It seems like I've tried everything!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12