S5 Locked Out

keekzii

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi, my mum got a Samsung Glalaxy S5 a month or two back. And she set up the fingerprint scanner. But yesterday she picked up her phone and it was asking for an alternative password, but she cant remember entering one?! I have looked online, with no luck. Unfortunately she doesn't even know her gmail. Is there any way AT ALL to accsess the phone again, or even retrieve her picture and notes?:'(

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried a Soft Reset....Power Off the phone followed by Restart....to see whether that brings back the fingerprint option? Removing the battery for a while, say half an hour, and then replacing, might also do the trick.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In order to set up the phone, you need to log in with a Google account. Your mother has no idea what her Google account is? And when you set the fingerprint scanner, you are required to enter an alternative backup password--she has absolutely no recollection of this? These processes are pretty important.

Since the phone is new, I would suggest that she bring it back to her wireless store and ask the techs there for some help.

pheonixking

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I had this same issue with my Samsung Galaxy Note 4, I contacted the verizon customer service and they gave me a link to the samsung website that let me get in super quick without any issues.
here is the link, the only info you need for this to work is your samsung account email and password. if you do not remember this, you can try recovering the information through samsung's website or your phone carrier possibly

https://findmymobile.samsung.com/login.do

that is the website.
You login with your Samsung account info, then on the left hand side there will be an option to unlock your device, (select the one that says unlock, not the one that says lock) and it will begin the process and then your phone is unlocked, you then have to go in and set up a new lock because it does clear your lock selections completely.
Hope this helps to anyone, I know this post is old, but for any future issues for anyone thought this might help since i couldnt find this info on any android help sites.

:D :-* ;) :cool: O:)