Rooted Kindle Fire HD with ICS

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,
I was wondering if any of you could help me with this..
I rooted my Kindle Fire HD 7" and installed Ice Cream Sandwich. It seems like it's too much for the Kindle to handle (runs too slow and it crashes a lot), so I didn't like it.
I would like to roll-back and/or install Jelly Bean on it, since I've tried that OS in a different Kindle Fire and it runs smoothly.

I've searched a little bit, but I don't see how I can get rid of the ICS and install Jelly Bean (at least not thoroughly).
Can anybody help me with some instructions or a link to a tutorial for this?

Thanks in advance.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,
I was wondering if any of you could help me with this..
I rooted my Kindle Fire HD 7" and installed Ice Cream Sandwich. It seems like it's too much for the Kindle to handle (runs too slow and it crashes a lot), so I didn't like it.
I would like to roll-back and/or install Jelly Bean on it, since I've tried that OS in a different Kindle Fire and it runs smoothly.

I've searched a little bit, but I don't see how I can get rid of the ICS and install Jelly Bean (at least not thoroughly).
Can anybody help me with some instructions or a link to a tutorial for this?

Thanks in advance.
I'm not too familiar with rooting/modifying the Kindle. However, were you able to install a Recovery? If so, hopefully you made a backup that can be restored through Recovery. Otherwise, see if there is a ROM you can install that will get you back to 4.3.3 (or whichever version) as you originally were.

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm not too familiar with rooting/modifying the Kindle. However, were you able to install a Recovery? If so, hopefully you made a backup that can be restored through Recovery. Otherwise, see if there is a ROM you can install that will get you back to 4.3.3 (or whichever version) as you originally were.

I think I remember installing that. How do I use it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34