Galaxy S3 how to get hotmail to work with google play store

blade12775

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I had both a hotmail account and a google account on the google play store. I had to do a factory reset (the one that's in the settings menu) and now I can't get my hotmail account to work again with the store. My phone (Galaxy S3) was rooted when I did it. When it was there before the factory reset there was an arrow drop down menu next to my name on the play store. I've searched all over the net and can't find the way to do it again.
Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Accounts, and select Add Account. Now go through the process of adding a new Google account, using that Hotmail address (since you presumably had another Google account linked to that Hotmail address). Once it's added, you should see that account in your Google Play Store.

blade12775

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Accounts, and select Add Account. Now go through the process of adding a new Google account, using that Hotmail address (since you presumably had another Google account linked to that Hotmail address). Once it's added, you should see that account in your Google Play Store.

I tried to do as you said but adding a new Google account using my hotmail address doesn't work. Also, can you tell me how to check to see if my Google account is linked to my hotmail address please.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that you can't link any old email address to the Google Play Store. It has to be a Google account, but the Google account can be linked to any email address. You said you used to have a Hotmail address linked to the Google Play Store--this implies that at one point, that Hotmail address was actually linked to a Google account.

You can check if that Hotmail account is linked to Google by going to any Google website, logging out of whatever account is active, then trying to log in using the Hotmail address. Hopefully, you remember the password that you associated with it.

Mikez Snow

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
Holy.. I've been trying to get this to work for almost a week now. I thought i lost about 4 years of work and lots of money on top of that.. I realized my hotmail account has a different password compared to my google account.. This post is a life saver. Thank you guys so much!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20