Looking for a Moto G review after a few months

rodney0905

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I have used pretty much every high end phone on every platform, as well as every low end phone; I can honestly say that I've dang near used every phone. Recently I've been using a lot of low end phones just to change it up. I'm wondering how the Moto G has held up for people who have had it a while.

Has it slowed down and become laggy?
Has the RAM become an issue?
What issues in general are you having?

Thanks

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I bought mine in January and it's my only phone. I haven't noticed any lag or battery life decrease at all. Never needed a hard, or soft, reset and didn't wipe the cache partition after the android updates.

In all this time I haven't experienced any problem at all and it runs perfectly from day one. I can only tell you good things about this phone.

After I bought it relatives and friends were impressed and some of them now own one (3 dual 16g and 3 8g). All of them are quite happy and had no problem at all.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have used pretty much every high end phone on every platform, as well as every low end phone; I can honestly say that I've dang near used every phone. Recently I've been using a lot of low end phones just to change it up. I'm wondering how the Moto G has held up for people who have had it a while.

Has it slowed down and become laggy?
Has the RAM become an issue?
What issues in general are you having?

Thanks

Unless you install some rogue app that will chew away at resources, the Moto G should not lag over time like other Android phones.

AnandTech | Motorola Moto G Review

I’d wager Motorola’s continued use of F2FS which started with the Moto X also helps the system feel speedy and storage I/O competitive.

Just don't get the Moto G Google Play edition: Google Play edition Moto G drops F2FS, but a… | Moto G | XDA Forum

The only downside I have with my Moto G is the camera. For the price, there may be others that can get better images.

I'd like to see samples from these phones -

Galaxy Avant: Samsung Galaxy Avant | Galaxy Avant Smartphone | T-Mobile
Desire 610: HTC Desire 610 GoPhone cell phone from AT&T

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
No. Only because the screen, text and keyboard are too small for me, and any keyboard I tried (2) can hide an input field rendering it too difficult.
I am new to the Moto G, I could be missing tricks, and it could be partly my tired old eyes, but it is difficult to type on for me. Also apps with the option of white text on black background are nowhere near black.
That said, every other thing is positive about the phone. Far better than the smaller Galaxy S2 it repkaced. But I won't be spending much screen time on it compared to my Note 3.

I hope Motorola bring out a 5.1+" hi res phone. X+1?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

rodney0905

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
No. Only because the screen, text and keyboard are too small for me, and any keyboard I tried (2) can hide an input field rendering it too difficult.
I am new to the Moto G, I could be missing tricks, and it could be partly my tired old eyes, but it is difficult to type on for me. Also apps with the option of white text on black background are nowhere near black.
That said, every other thing is positive about the phone. Far better than the smaller Galaxy S2 it repkaced. But I won't be spending much screen time on it compared to my Note 3.

I hope Motorola bring out a 5.1+" hi res phone. X+1?

I'm surprised by this. I haven't heard many people say that 4.5 is too small.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm surprised by this. I haven't heard many people say that 4.5 is too small.

It's just one opinion from an angle of having a larger phone. It is very smooth and crisp, and I like the build and minimal software compared to say Samsung. It's a great second phone for me. If they never built anything larger than 4.5" I would be thrilled with it as a phone, search engine, navigator, pda, app reader etc. I just would feel tired and irritated trying to type and browse on it more than about 60 - 90 minutes a day. With the Note 3, I and others can run the screen more than 5 hours without strain. But it's a different device. I am very impressed with the Moto G 4G and it's far superior to my former Samsung GS2 flagship.
Remember, with the Samsung home buttons, you get 5.1 or 5.7 inches all the time. With the on screen buttons of stock Android phones, 4.5 is 4.3" in general homescreen use.

rodney0905

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
It's just one opinion from an angle of having a larger phone. It is very smooth and crisp, and I like the build and minimal software compared to say Samsung. It's a great second phone for me. If they never built anything larger than 4.5" I would be thrilled with it as a phone, search engine, navigator, pda, app reader etc. I just would feel tired and irritated trying to type and browse on it more than about 60 - 90 minutes a day. With the Note 3, I and others can run the screen more than 5 hours without strain. But it's a different device. I am very impressed with the Moto G 4G and it's far superior to my former Samsung GS2 flagship.
Remember, with the Samsung home buttons, you get 5.1 or 5.7 inches all the time. With the on screen buttons of stock Android phones, 4.5 is 4.3" in general homescreen use.

Thanks for the input. Really appreciate the insight.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the input. Really appreciate the insight.

You're welcome.
I don't want to give you a bum steer with the size of the available screen. Some apps have the home buttons on top so have a smaller area, but the home screens have transparent icons, and many things like, video, camera etc have the full screen. I am new to this still.

a8y3azud.jpg
u8yha7u9.jpg
8amypagu.jpg

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Last edited: