WIFI Problems

A

AC Question

My S5 connects to my wireless hub just fine. But once it connects it slows our DSL down to a crawl. We just upgraded and got three S5s and they all three to the same thing. How do I fix this problem. Our old Samsungs did not do this. Help!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you know if your router has any QoS (Quality of Service) settings turned on? This setting can be used to prioritize certain connections over others (like, for example, if you want to make sure a streaming video on your smart TV doesn't get choppy, it get's the top QoS, while other devices that don't need as fast a connection get bumped down to a lower QoS.

You'd have to log into the router using your computer's browser. Check your router's manual for instructions on how to do so.

Mwettig

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I tried rebooting. I changed setting on phone. I removed connection and redid it. The WIFI works great on the phone once connected. It just will not allow anything else to work in our home network. Slow the DSL down to a crawl. WIFI runs 100 MPH while is connected.

Diana Carr1

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Did you ever figure this out? I just got the s5 about a month ago and everytime I turn on Wifi in my house, the whole internet connection slows down and I cannot connect with any other device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12