HTC Evo 4G LTE is Confused

RedManic

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
So, for some reason, it appears there is an app messing with my phone AND causing my phone to think the wi-fi I have equals no internet.

Sometimes, whether I have my Happy Sonic! Live Wallpaper on or off, my Clean Master crashes. I need the floating button on or else I won't be able to close apps as needed. avast! also crashes at random, and I had to disable eset due to it messing with my keyboard. It would close at random and open for a second or two before closing again. This would disable the use of my keyboard and Clean Master. It hasn't been as bad as it was before I uninstalled TunnelBear VPN and SuperSU (I had it for when I could root my phone. I don't need it.), but Clean Master still stops working at random and avast! still closes at random. I have my live wallpaper off, but sometimes that would randomly force stop, as well, leaving me with black for my wallpaper.

As for my Wi-Fi, my phone thinks my Wi-Fi is no internet, and 3G is uber internet. I have strong Wi-Fi, and my room, which is where I usually am, is right by the Computer room, which is where the router is. But, whenever I try to use apps like Skype or YouTube, for example, it either forces me offline, or thinks there's no internet connection. It only works when I switch it to 3G (4G disappeared and never came back. So much for "4G LTE".), and while it works, things still load slowly as if using 3G normally. I can't even watch YouTube videos due to this. (I also had to turn on 3G connection just to get on Tapatalk.)

Can someone help me fix all this? (Or at least most of it.)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Using apps like Clean Master is not recommended. More often than not, they are more detrimental than helpful. That might be what's causing the apps crashing.

As for the WiFi, are you able to use anything that connects to the internet? Or is it just those two apps giving you issues?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you reviewed this guide yet, in regards to your wi-fi issues? http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roubleshooting-wi-fi-connection-problems.html

In general, task killers shouldn't be necessary, unless there are apps that are malfunctioning. Force closing apps can actually be counterproductive in terms of battery use and system performance, because of the way Android manages RAM (http://forums.androidcentral.com/ambassador-guides-tips-how-tos/380592-guide-ram-android.html, and also RAM: What it is, how it's used, and why you shouldn't care | Android Central). You may want to consider uninstalling CleanMaster or any other task killers or memory boosters.

RedManic

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I don't use it often for killing apps, though. But I still need it to help kill apps whenever needed. I also have Watchdog to tell me whenever an apps is above its threshold. I generally use CleanMaster for freeing up space in my phone. I also used it to keep TunnelBear and SuperSU from opening when it didn't need to. Having them open caused lag and it was also one of the likely causes for some of my crashes.

As for the Wi-Fi, sometimes using my normal Wi-Fi allows me to connect to the internet, but it starts not working at random.

I'll take a look at the guide.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power