Explanation for Google Account Log Ins? android 4.4.2

U

Unregistered

So I see activity for logins I know I am creating. However, there are some im not sure where they originate from. My pc uses chrome 37.0, and my android device uses 36.0. Signing into the actual chrome android client will display a log in from 36.0 from the device.

Now, ive noticed in the sign in history, past 15 days, every day or couple days, there is a log in from the android device from the right ip address (mine), but as chrome 30.0. I cant seem to recreate the log in by removing the account from the device and logging in again to apps e.g google + or youtube.

I cant reproduce this so im wondering what are the origins of these log ins? Im sure i read somewhere that android 4.4.2 is misinterpreted as chrome 30.0 (I think github) so maybe its just a general login from booting the device every now and again? Im worried something maybe malicious is going on, but maybe someone can explain this? E.g why the log appears periodically from my ip (and from times which appear to be around when I use the tablet) and why it says they come from chrome 30.0, when infact I never use chrome with my google account on android.

keyes528

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Where are you checking for log ins? Maybe I can see if it's showing a certain way for me as well.

Log into google accounts, and go to the settings page. Click security, then recent events. It shows log ins, the device, browser/system and ip. This is happening on 4.4.2, and I believe on android L aswell.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Log into google accounts, and go to the settings page. Click security, then recent events. It shows log ins, the device, browser/system and ip. This is happening on 4.4.2, and I believe on android L aswell.
Alright, just checked my history and all but one shows as Version 33.0, which also happens to be the most recent one. Are yours in any particular order?

keyes528

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Alright, just checked my history and all but one shows as Version 33.0, which also happens to be the most recent one. Are yours in any particular order?
Well its every day or so if my tablet has been on it would show a log in for 30.0. What version of android are you running?

Are you saying that you have android log ins from your device as chrome 33.0?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Well its every day or so if my tablet has been on it would show a log in for 30.0. What version of android are you running?

Are you saying that you have android log ins from your device as chrome 33.0?

I'm on 4.4.4
In my history it goes as far back as 6 log ins from my phone. The first 5 were 33.0 and the most recent one was 36.0