I've been enjoying this great forum for a couple of months and there's a thing that amazes me. So many people come here with a problem or asking for tips and after some members take their time to help they just vanish. Not a word, zero, nada!

Come on folks! Say something. Could be: "thanks, it worked" , "it didn't" or even "I didn't bother to try your fix but thanks anyway".

Recently I've got a lot of ...* well ...* waiting time in my daily routine, and this forum is like an addictive and educational game for me. I keep watching ambassadors and other members sharing their knowledge and helping a lot of people, as myself, to enjoy even more our shiny little gadgets.

And then here come these selfish little brats, with silence as an answer when their problems are solved. This post is for all of them and the message is clear:

Come on boys! Show some education and respect and be grateful to those good and Intelligent people taking their time to help you.

OK, ok ... [/rant]* πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
    09-04-2014 05:08 PM
    I brought this up on a thread a few months ago, before the Ask a Questions forum.
    I think you have to bear in mind here the OP is usually not registered, and if some need to provide more info, or get an answer that solves their problem, they won't go to the bother of registering to answer. I am not sure of the purpose of this forum personally, i.e. whether it is to encourage new people to respond further by registering. Despite the monumental brilliance and enormous effort and dedication of our ambassadors, I think many threads get responded to poorly by some (others) or not at all, and I waver in thinking it is a failed exercise; and too much weight on a few shoulders.
    It is a great mental exercise, and an informative general insight into everyone's experience. It also highlights some faults in Android, specifically being locked out and data retrieval. Some answers must be hard for new posters to hear.

Your general point I agree with. The ambassadors get a higher volume but are more pragmatic with experience.
    I wouldn't use that terminology as there can be wildly varying reasons why people don't reply or thank, when you think about it. I think most people are alright, and one genuine post of appreciation makes up for a dozen blank responses.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=384543
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=409141

Maybe this should be moved to Site Disscussions?
    UJ95x, Javier P and B. Diddy like this.
    09-04-2014 05:27 PM
    Anyone who answers posts in AAQ notices that many of the posters fail to make any acknowledgement of help, or attempted help, given. It's a pity because you'd like to know whether your suggestions, or those of others who have replied in a thread, were useful. You'd like to know how the story continues.
    But I think you have to bear in mind that some people may be unable to use the internet easily or affordably. Some will also come from cultures where it may not be regarded as necessary to say thank you or give acknowledgement.

Don't forget also that the advice given in the forums will be of use to others, not just the OP.

But I do know how you feel! I also hope it won't deter you from being an active member.

(The work done by the Ambassadors is amazing. Their posts crop up very frequently throughout the forums and we won't embarrass them by naming them. Some Herculean efforts have been made of late in clearing up backlogs here in AAQ of unanswered posts going back several weeks and months. This, and one or two other places, is mainly where I lurk, and I like to try to help deal with a few queries of the simpler sort to lighten the load on the Ambassadors, as certain other members do as well, and also because I enjoy it, as I'm sure those other members do as well.)

Posted via Android Central App
    09-04-2014 05:33 PM
    In fact, before I hit the land of nod, the most satisfying thing I get out of it is solving someone's issue when I had no idea I was on the right track! So it is nice to hear back.
    I am easing off helping out though, as it exposes my ignorance, I don't like some poor responses to OP's (I know it's open to all), and more importantly I get stuck too many times and people don't chip in as they think I know what I am doing. (Read my web signature people.)

I think Ask a Question should be changed or scrapped, personally.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-04-2014 05:55 PM
    Often I'll answer just to help draw the question to the notice of others. It's common in forums to go unacknowledged. This is still a nice way to spend time though.
    09-04-2014 06:09 PM
    Madd, I've just read your thread. Not sure about you but definitely sometimes I'm a grumpy middle aged man. πŸ˜€

I put this post on this AAQ forum because I wasn't sure where else could be better. It's not just about unregistered members. I can understand that a lot of them can't even find their own post when they try to check a possible answer. Many registered members do the same and for them it's just a question of hitting the thanks button.

I know it's not important and shouldn't change how anyone behaves in this forum. Just a grumpy almost-old-man having problems with other people bad manners.
    πŸ˜• 😊
    mrsmumbles and anon8380037 like this.
    09-04-2014 08:17 PM
    Deleted.
    I edited this twice but it showed the original.

Γ—Γ—ON EDIT: OK I was editing with my other Moto G, put it away and never sent - silly me!
    belodion and mrsmumbles like this.
    09-05-2014 02:46 AM
    ^^^Don't Delete. There are times when you wish you could Delete things you've done in your life...nay, Delete your whole life...nay nay, Delete the whole universe. But, as far as we know, that's not how things are.

mrsmumbles and Golfdriver97 like this.
    09-05-2014 07:19 AM
    Often I'll answer just to help draw the question to the notice of others. It's common in forums to go unacknowledged. This is still a nice way to spend time though.
    Yes....I think that those of us who answer, even if unacknowledged, compared to those who ask and don't acknowledge, have the better part of it.

mrsmumbles and Javier P like this.
    09-05-2014 07:25 AM
    Yes....I think that those of us who answer, even if unacknowledged, compared to those who ask and don't acknowledge, have the better part of it.

Yes. Unless those who ask have long since discovered their answer, lol!
    belodion and anon8380037 like this.
    09-05-2014 07:46 AM
    OP: I've seen your posts here and there in the forums and had the impression you were young...I suppose twenties or thirties. So if you want to delete the bits about middle-aged etc in this thread, go for it and be young again. Do what I'm advising Madds not to do in fact. (Shall I Delete that?) ☺

mrsmumbles likes this.
    09-05-2014 07:51 AM
    OP: I've seen your posts here and there in the forums and had the impression you were young...I suppose twenties or thirties. So if you want to delete the bits about middle-aged etc in this thread, go for it and be young again. Do what I'm advising Madds not to do in fact. (Shall I Delete that?) ☺

Thanks mate! Hmmmmm? Thanks?

😁😁😁😁

Definitely middle age. Maybe it's because my English or my lack of knowledge in these matters.

But I feel young though.
    mrsmumbles and belodion like this.
    09-05-2014 08:26 AM
    I am going to slightly take the thread off topic: Everyone here has shown a profound presence in the forums or AAQ. I would like to take a moment to say thank you to all of you. You help is greatly appreciated, and always welcomed. You probably have a larger impact on the AAQ forum than you realize.

Back to the original topic:
    As the second most experienced Ambassador (right behind B. Diddy) I can relate to the no replies. It can get frustrating, but now that I have done this for nearly 16 months, (has it been that long???) sometimes, I don't realize someone hasn't replied. I get so busy answering other people's questions that it doesn't really seem to bother me much anymore. As I answer on average roughly 30 posts/day, I probably look at closer to 50/day counting the ones I answer.

I guess long post made short: Echoing what mrsmumbles said: It's the nature of the beast.
    09-05-2014 09:37 AM
    To the OP

I've spent 40+ years in tech / sales support and the samething goes on there. I imagine it happens in most service oriented businesses. The one thing you cannot do is let it get to you but always remember for yourself to say thanks .... you are 110% correct in your original post but that us how the world is. It just nothing short of terrific we have forums like this to help each other and others. Thanks to all and to you for the post.
    09-05-2014 09:55 AM
    It's a common scene that is emerging from our society. Narcissistic behavior , along with no empathy, entitled, and just being ignorant.

Unfortunately, the answer is...

Get used to it. It's only going to get worse.
    jmagid51 and mrsmumbles like this.
    09-05-2014 04:24 PM