Sim Card Question - Galaxy Note 2 Lte

A

AC Question

Hi everyone
My daughter just recently bought a brand new Galaxy Note 2 Lte (GT-N7105) phone from Ebay.
She is on a prepaid plan and when we realised she couldn't put her sim card into the phone (it requires a micro sim) we went to the Optus store and they cut the sim into a micro sim for her.

Unfortunately, the device does not recognise a sim being present at all. Is there anything we can try and do about this to make it recognise the sim (as she really wants to keep her current phone number) or will we have to buy a new micro sim?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the very un-tech savy question!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Did you try the phone at the store after they'd cut down the SIM? Have the correct APN settings been entered on the phone?
I'm not certain, but I believe that the carrier can provide you with a replacement SIM which has your old number. They might not be able to do it on the spot so a phone call asking for advice on the best way to go about it might be a good idea.

Posted via Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
It may be a contrary device if it won't recognise it.
Did the store insert it for you.
Any way you can try someone else's micro sim to check. It won't do any harm to the sim or phone.
Usually if a device does not recognise a correctly inserted sim, there is a fault with the device if the sim has been tested.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol