Galaxy not 10.1 SM-P607T phone call problem

A

AC Question

Hi there guys, need to ask something important if someone know anything about it.

I bought Galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition SM-P607T from ebay . The guy i bought told me that i can send and receive messages and that was true. The tablet was locked in T-mobile network witch i have unlocked to put my sym card to the tablet . I tested the messages and they do work . My only problem is the phone calls . For some reason i cant make phone calls from tablet and i cant even find the green phone call button . I go to contacts but i can only send message . Is there an app i need to download so i can make this happen? Or update Android? This is my 1st tablet and i bought it for the reason to make phone calls , messages , and my work ofc . Does anyone else has the same problem?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you in the US? I don't believe telephony is available on any tablet sold in the US. Tablets use SIM cards for the mobile data, not calls.

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I also have a Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition sm p607t I bought on ebay..I'm yet to unlock mine but I've discovered that I can't make calls as it doesn't have a dialer..but I'm still hoping someone will figure out d solution..by d way, how did u unlock urs..hoping to unlock mine too asap

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi AC, I have the same Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. 2014 table. You can make phone if you use a IP over LTE App. MagicJack is cheap and it works, You will only have speaker phone and it will use DATA, but if you're OK with that it work very well, infact the sound is not bad. I use the MagicJack Plus for my home number so when anyone call my home my table rings, I must confess the first time it happen I was shocked, the app open on it own and the dialer open up, in portrait mode. You can use the app to make a contact list as the tablet does not have one on it's own. It's easy fast, and cheap. (the MagicJack device was like $70.00 bucks with 1-Years service, I added 5-Years for $100.00, and I ported my number for $39.99 so $209.99 for five Year of IP phone service, I dich Vonage for $38.00 per month.) I hope that helps, Have fun!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac