My SD card is blank and I don't know what to do!

A

AC Question

So I have the Android Valet from Tracfone and I was listening to music when it froze. I decided to restart it because that's what I normally do when it freezes. When it came back on, I got a notification saying that the SD card is blank. Now some of my apps and the majority of my music and pictures are gone and I also can't download any more music or pictures. I've tried restarting it again and taking out the card and putting it back in. I thought about replacing the SD card but I don't know if that will help or if there are other alternatives. If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You could try reformatting the SD card so the phone will utilize it again. SD cards can sometimes lose their data or corrupt and require a format to fix.

Always ensure to backup music and photos elsewhere just Incase something like this happens.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You're talking about the external microSD card, not the "Internal SD" (aka Internal Storage), right?

Remove the SD card from the phone and insert it into a computer (using a fullsize SD adapter, very cheap to buy if you don't have one). Does the computer see anything? If not, either the card failed, or the phone somehow erased or formatted the card as a glitch. Did the card come with the phone, or did you buy it somewhere else?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon