Samsung Galaxy S4 having multiple problems.

A

AC Question

My S4 is rooted, using a custom ROM, have spare batteries which I replace on a regular basis (1-2 times/day) and running on KitKat 4.4

There are multiple reoccurring problems which are beginning to test my patience;

- The screen would spontaneously turn black. You can't turn it on again, you must pull the battery out and switch with another or else the same problem would occur.

- Everytime my phone "black screens", my saved wifi passwords are gone as if I've never connected to a network before.

- When I power my S4 off, as soon a I plug and turn the USB charger on, the phone would reboot. No matter what I do, I won't power off while charging.

- I can't set a screen lock. They are all grey-ed out and say, at the bottom; "Disabled by administrator, encryption polict, or credential storage", all of them are grey-ed out except for Pin and Password but they can't be applied anyway. Note; I have tried most methods to remove this "policy" such as; "Remove Credentials" or "Disable all device administrators".

These issues (beside the screen lock) all happened before on my old phone (S2) and the only feasibility I can see is the battery and the power plugs that connect the battery to the device. If that isn't the issue than I've heard that a hardware reset might fix some of these issues.

Please help,
Dayz

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
My S4 is rooted, using a custom ROM, have spare batteries which I replace on a regular basis (1-2 times/day) and running on KitKat 4.4

There are multiple reoccurring problems which are beginning to test my patience;

- The screen would spontaneously turn black. You can't turn it on again, you must pull the battery out and switch with another or else the same problem would occur.

- Everytime my phone "black screens", my saved wifi passwords are gone as if I've never connected to a network before.

- When I power my S4 off, as soon a I plug and turn the USB charger on, the phone would reboot. No matter what I do, I won't power off while charging.

- I can't set a screen lock. They are all grey-ed out and say, at the bottom; "Disabled by administrator, encryption polict, or credential storage", all of them are grey-ed out except for Pin and Password but they can't be applied anyway. Note; I have tried most methods to remove this "policy" such as; "Remove Credentials" or "Disable all device administrators".

These issues (beside the screen lock) all happened before on my old phone (S2) and the only feasibility I can see is the battery and the power plugs that connect the battery to the device. If that isn't the issue than I've heard that a hardware reset might fix some of these issues.

Please help,
Dayz

Welcome to AC :)
What ROM are you using? I'd recommend another one tbh. Was it an issue on the stock or previous ROMs?