Never ran adb but it's running; can I use nonadmin Windows account?

A

AC Question

Over the space of a week, I've stealing snippets of time in the evenings reading web pages on installing CyanogenMod on my new Moto G. I find that there is a lot of detail regarding the steps to take, but it's been harder getting the big picture. So far, my "map" is that I have to unlock the boot loader, root the phone, install backup software and backup the original (preferrably with all caches cleared), install a recovery, then install CyanogenMod.

I will admit up front that in the process of going on detours reading up for context, I lost track of where I was at, and on what web page of instructions. However, from "c/Program Files (x86)/Android", I the following installed.

android-sdk/AVD Manager.exe
android-sdk/platform-tools/adb.exe
android-sdk/platform-tools/dmtracedump.exe
android-sdk/platform-tools/etc1tool.exe
android-sdk/platform-tools/fastboot.exe
android-sdk/platform-tools/hprof-conv.exe
android-sdk/platform-tools/sqlite3.exe
android-sdk/SDK Manager.exe
android-sdk/tools/emulator-arm.exe
android-sdk/tools/emulator-mips.exe
android-sdk/tools/emulator-x86.exe
android-sdk/tools/emulator.exe
android-sdk/tools/lib/AVD Manager.exe
android-sdk/tools/lib/find_java.exe
android-sdk/tools/lib/monitor-x86/eclipsec.exe
android-sdk/tools/lib/monitor-x86/monitor.exe
android-sdk/tools/lib/monitor-x86_64/eclipsec.exe
android-sdk/tools/lib/monitor-x86_64/monitor.exe
android-sdk/tools/lib/SDK Manager.exe
android-sdk/tools/mksdcard.exe
android-sdk/uninstall.exe

So that's how far I am, and I've not plugged the phone into the PC yet, and neither have I ran any apps like adb, fastboot, or the like. I use cygwin's bash shell, so I can checkback in my history of commands to confirm this. However, my task manager shows adb running. What could have triggered that, and can I just kill its process tree?

For extra safety, is an Windows 7 administrator account needed for any of the process described in my opening paragraph? If not, I'm not going to continue with an admin account.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan