Music FOLDER has dissapeared from SD card on HTC one m8. Music still on phone.

A

AC Question

Trying to put new music onto my phone today with my HTC one m8. Usually i just drag and drop into the "music" on my SD card. As I opened windows explorer to do this I noticed that the "music" folder is missing. The songs still play in doubletwist and when I click properties for the SD card it is showing that 11gb is still being used out of 16gb. This sd card is only for photos and music, music uses about 9gb of space. This to me would indcate that the music folder is still on the card somewhere I just cant see it. I have tried checking if the folder is hidden and still it does not show up. Seems very odd to me, especially as it happened overnight. I did just install a system update the other day.

Any ideas, Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you exploring the SD card while card is still in the phone and the phone is connected to the computer via USB? Or are you physically inserting the SD card into your computer's card reader? Try the latter, if you're not already doing so. Make sure you Unmount the card from the phone before removing it (look in Settings>Storage​).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira