So I got water on my phone and didn't put it in rice for long enough thus my phone works perfectly fine (receive texts/calls/emails etc) I can still answer calls since I don't need to see the screen in order to answer, I just can't see anything on the screen. I want to mainly get my contacts off the phone while I get it fixed, can anyone give me some advice? I foolishly don't have them synced to any external cloud.
    09-08-2014 07:24 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! For what it's worth, it probably doesn't have to do with not putting it in rice for long enough--the damage was probably already done.

Do you know if the digitizer still works? Does the screen still register touches? You could try connecting the phone to a TV or monitor via MHL adapter, and try to operate the phone by tapping the touchscreen. See this video:

Or you could try this method: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...ed-screen.html
    Mo Musau likes this.
    09-08-2014 10:35 PM
    The digitizer must have worked for a short time because I could see my screen for a few minutes at a time. And the screen still senses touch, I can unlock it from finger memory. Connecting the phone to my tv didn't work but I will try it to my computer.
    09-09-2014 08:05 AM