Can't find email attachment saved to phone. (Kitkat 4.4)

yesvee

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I'm new to android and i found it very difficult to find an email attachment that was saved to my phone Moto G LTE with Kitkat 4.4 Being a user of iOS for 6 years i never thought that android would make me seek help in a forum for a pretty basic task.
What i did: sent an MP3 file to my gmail account and opened it on my phone...the file was played well and then i saved it to phone. Now i want to set this MP3 as my ringtone. I downloaded Ringtone maker and trying to open the MP3 file via the app. can't find.
- I searched using google search bar on the phone - can't find
- I searched in the 'Downloads' app - can't find.
- I searched in the SD Card downloads - can't find.
- I downloaded Astro file manager app and did a search - NO
- I opened the Music app to listened to the MP3 file - NO
It must be hiding some where... come on android, you can't tease new users.
it is a frustrating experience so far. some one please help me to locate the file.

Thanks
Yesvee

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you remember how you saved the attached MP3 file? How big is the MP3 file? Do you still have the email with the attachment? If so, long-press the attachment or tap the menu button, and see what options you get.

I tested it out on my Nexus 5 with a small MP3 file, and it saved to the Downloads folder. Try booting your phone into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition (which won't erase any personal data), and see if that helps. The steps for the Moto X should work for the G: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/94946/p/30,6720,8696

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz