Email and Play Store malfunctioning on data with Sprint Galaxy S5

SmokeyBoy181

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Ok.. So my mother's Galaxy S5 (Sprint) has been having problems. It seems to be a problem with the email host but she says otherwise. When she goes on the default Samsung email app it shows that she hasn't checked since she was last had wifi. None of her emails will load and she is unable to send any emails unless she is on wifi. She believes that this is caused because the phone is broken (which it isnt because I can sign into Gmail on there and it works perfectly) I believe it is her email host (she has some strange email host who has this weird setup. When she is on her email on her computer she cant check it on her Ipad) Then, I tried going to the Play Store on Data and it says "Background Data Restricted" and when I click on "Fix" it sends me to a list of her emails. She says if it doesnt get fixed by the end of the year she will switch to apple and I hate apple with a passion :-$ Also, we have gone to the Sprint store (they have a repair center there) and they haven't been able to fix it. Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Data Usage, and go through all of the apps listed there. Make sure none of them have Restrict Background Data checked on.

What email service does she use? Do you know if the IMAP or POP3 settings in her stock Email app are correct?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Who administers the domain? They should be able to provide the IMAP/POP3 settings.

Regarding the voicemail--are you talking about her wireless service's voicemail? Open the Phone app, tap Menu, then Call Settings, then Voicemail, then Setup. Make sure the voicemail number is correct. Check with the wireless service to find out the correct number, if you're not sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy