Power button on HTC Vivid is broken

A

AC Question

The power button on my HTC Vivid is broken or at least that's what it seems like. I made the mistake of taking out the battery and now I can't get it to turn on. There are a lot of things I want to get off my phone. I've heard of getting the phone in recovery mode to get it to turn on, but would that wipe out everything on the phone? Also, how would you get it into recovery mode?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
This link tells you how to get into Recovery Mode. Getting into Recovery Mode does not in itself wipe any personal data....it's what you do once you're there that may do that, and a Factory Reset, which is discussed here, will certainly do that. Should you wish to retrieve any personal data afterwards, you would have to back up your personal data first, otherwise it will be both wiped and irretrievable.

http://www.hard-reset.com/htc-vivid-hard-reset.html

Posted via Android Central App

alex1321

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I just want to make sure I have it right. I would have had to have my personal data backed up before my button broke, so that I can retrieve it after I do what's in the link above?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome as a new member.

Yes, if you haven't backed up, all would be lost. The attentions of a repairer are indeed called for, I think. Make sure you explain that you're not backed up, so that if possible nothing is done unwittingly by the repairer that would cause the loss of that data.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer