Downloaded Music from Google Play

ronmissildine

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello....first post here. I have the HTC One M8. As of today, I discovered that you can download music from Google Play directly to your phone (yay!) However, I cannot find the downloaded music in the stock music player. Is there a way to "force" the stock music player to find and play the music I've downloaded through the Google Play player?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Downloading music to the phone is meant to be a temporary offline solution, so the track is saved in an obscure directory with a coded filename. So 3rd party music players can't use them. Some phones support downloading music to an external SD card, but I've never been able to try that--so if you have that option, you could see if the file can be located on the SD card.

If you want a 3rd party player to play the music, the best way is to download the track on your computer from your Google Music Library website, then transfer the music files over to your phone.

ronmissildine

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the information. Well, that is quite misleading on Google's part....a "download" of a song, by their definition, is not actually a download at all, since it's apparently only a temporary file! I don't believe my phone supports downloading from Google Play to the SD card, based on what I've read in the past. It sure would be nice if Google would fix this loophole, rather than requiring us to go "old school" and hook up a USB cable to download songs from the PC. Oh, well, maybe sometime in the future this will be fixed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie