Samsung S4 DROP into the water.

A

AC Question

My samsung s4 dropped into the water. Normally you are not suppose to on it right? I on it a lot of times to test.I know i screw up. But the problem now is my SD card wont read,and my sound coming out from my speaker is very unclear. But i have dry and use a hairdryer to dry them up. HELP PLEASE. THANKS.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
You should never use a hair dryer on electronics to dry. You can very easily over heat or damage things that way. If you are not sure it is dry uncooked rice in a baggy with the phone in a warm place for at least a day. The longer the better. However if you are sure it is dry we'll move on. Have you tried the SD in anything other than the phone? It is possible that it could have been damaged however I've seen SD cards bounce back from worse things than water. Try it in a card reader or you computer see if it works. Also check that the terminals do not have any build up. When water drys it leaves residue behind but you can use rubbing alcohol to clean the terminals of the card with a cotton swab. If it works in something else you may need to clean the terminals inside the phone. That will be a little harder however you could try terminal cleaner. It comes in a can like compressed air. I wouldn't go sticking too much down in the slot though. Anything you put in there could get lodged and cause you more problems. You could put a few drops of alcohol in there and blow it out with compressed air to try and clean it. Make sure the device is off and that you blow long enough to evaporate the alcohol before trying to power on. Your speakers may be toast. Speakers don't like water however you could get lucky with them too. They may just not be completely dry. The channel where the electromagnet and coil work could still be holding water. Again uncooked rice and time to ensure everything is dry is my only suggestion for that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol