Can't get rid of keyboard in Calculator app - Motorola DROID MAXX

mrbofus

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I have a Motorola DROID MAXX running Android 4.4.4. If I open the Calculator app normally, everything works fine. However, if I search for the Calculator app using the search field from the home screen and open it that way, they QWERTY keyboard is overlaid on the bottom half of the calculator screen, making it unusable (screenshot attached). Normally, hitting the back button will get rid of the keyboard, but not in this case.

How do I get rid of the keyboard when this happens? What am I missing?

Screenshot_2014-09-10-20-32-41.png

mrbofus

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
A Cache Partition wipe may be worth trying. I imagine you'll know how, but in case you've forgotten which buttons to press, here's a reminder:

That link is incorrect. For the DROID MAXX, it's a different set of instructions. I don't have enough posts to post links, but the key difference is that once you're in Recovery mode, you hold the VOL UP key for 10-15 seconds and then tap and release the POWER key. The instructions you linked to say to hold down the VOL DOWN key and to tap and release the VOL UP key; that will not work for the DROID MAXX.

mrbofus

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
A Cache Partition wipe may be worth trying. I imagine you'll know how, but in case you've forgotten which buttons to press, here's a reminder:

Oh, and I forgot to say, I did the cache partition wipe, but that didn't solve the issue. Searching for the calculator and opening it leaves the keyboard covering the bottom half of the calculator.

mrbofus

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
OP: I don't understand why the instructions in the link were wrong....they were, or at least certainly seemed to be, from Motorola Support. Here's another which may be slightly different:

...though you no longer require it.

Posted via Android Central App

The link you originally posted was for the DROID RAZR MAXX, which is a different phone from the DROID MAXX.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I'd suspected something of the kind and yet I'd made sure that it said Droid Maxx and not the other in the title. Thank you site author.
Someone may be able to help you further here in AAQ but since this is a device-specific question you and the other questioner in this thread may do better by reposting in the Droid Maxx forums, where members familiar with the device may be able to answer in a flash.

OP, before you consider that it may be worth going to Settings, Apps, All, scrolling to the Calculator app, opening, and selecting Clear Cache. I should have thought that your problem was more a system fault than an app one, but it will do no harm to try.

Last edited:

mrbofus

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
OP, before you consider that it may be worth going to Settings, Apps, All, scrolling to the Calculator app, opening, and selecting Clear Cache. I should have thought that your problem was more a system fault than an app one, but it will do no harm to try.

Unfortunately, I tried that and it did not solve the issue. Thank you for trying to help though!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc