Droid 4G LTE stuck in dock mode, and heats up like crazy

A

AC Question

A few days ago my droid started flipping out. Launching built in apps by itself and getting noticeable hot. I managed to stop the app launching but then it popped a message asking if I wanted to put it into a dock mode... and (while on a meeting and frustrated) I agreed. The phone screen went black and never came back to normal. It also drained a battery power to nothing in less than 10 minutes but will not charge any more.
I charged the battery through a different phone and replaced it. Still all black. I can hear it start up but since the phone has been encrypted and requires a code to operate I can't back it up or get files off without entering it. But since the screen is completely black it's impossible to see the prompts.
Someone help me - this phone has tons of info i need for work and Verizon is dumber than a bag of rocks when it comes to repairs.

kayNbe

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
it's ADR6410L - one of the 'Incredible' kind.
I notice that when i insert the battery back and turn on the device the are immediately around the charge port becomes hot very quickly. The phone still does start up but the screen remains black.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you charged the battery in another phone, did that phone function properly with the battery in there? If not, I would suspect a bad battery, and try a new one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21