Random Time Jump 2 hours forward

A

AC Question

My wife and I recently upgraded to s5 from the s2. We are on the sprint network. Both of our new s5s will periodically jump 2 hours forward and take several minutes (hours) to revert to the correct time. Running updates, switching between auto and manual time and turning the phone off and back on does not correct the time. Neither of the s2s times change during these episodes. Sometimes both our phone times will be wrong and sometimes 1 or the other will be wrong. Automatic time and network is set on both phones. This has caused panic on more than one occasion and when we first got our phones got us out of bed at 3am as we used to use the phones alarms. We no longer trust the time function on the phones.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I would check with Sprint. When the phone is set to auto update it pulls from the tower. Once when I was with Sprint my phone jumped an hour ahead and then eventually fixed itself.... This is when they were working on the towers in my area for "Network Vision". If they're working in your area this could be the case but all in all ... Automatic time is controlled by the carriers towers so I would talk with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol