Hi, I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, Version 7 running Jelly Bean 4.2.2. I am using Gmail as my email on this. I also have a second computer (apple). Gmail syncs fine when I am at home, but does not seem to sync when I am at a WIFI enabled spot (Internet works just fine). Cannot seem to figure out if it is my settings or not, but am really frustrated. Any ideas what to do? I bought the tablet so didn't have to log the laptop.
    Thank you.
    09-12-2014 06:50 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you using the actual Gmail app, or the stock Email app?

What sorts of wi-fi hotspots have you tried outside of home? Have you made sure that you've logged in or accepted the terms and conditions on whatever welcome screen there might be on the browser?
    09-12-2014 10:12 PM
    Thanks for your reply. I am using the stock email app, although I do have the Gmail app on the tablet, I don't use it. The wi-fi spots I have tried is 1) my work which has open wi-fi and no password required and b) coffee shop with a password wi-fi. At work, I tried sending an email from my gmail account to my work email and it sat in the outbox and only sent when I got home.

Thank you.
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you using the actual Gmail app, or the stock Email app?

What sorts of wi-fi hotspots have you tried outside of home? Have you made sure that you've logged in or accepted the terms and conditions on whatever welcome screen there might be on the browser?
    09-13-2014 06:37 AM
    Is this something that just started recently?

Try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...2-s3-tab2.html
    09-13-2014 10:51 AM