Is one a fake?

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
So this might be a stupid question, but I'm waiting for my GS5 to come in the mail from a third party seller through Amazon. I'm slightly concerned about legitimacy, because it's not from Amazon itself. This raised the question of how would I even tell if it was fake? Which brought to mind my question that I'm asking here:

Some GS5s have "galaxy s5" written on the back, and some don't. Why??
I would leave eexamples, but I'm not allowed links yet.

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I would take the back off the phone when you get it, if it's fake, the battery might be weird
Also check the info page and look and the version numbers and models
Then just keep an eye on the performance or anything that doesn't seem right

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello. There are several ways, including dialling *#1234# if available on your version and checking the CSC code with Sammobile and others.

Easier is to download Genuine Galaxy, or Phone Specs.
... and look in the About Device screens as mentioned.
If it is a genuine Samsung but for a different world region, you can often tell by the model number but not always. So it may be region locked for a different region if that is still an issue. It was last year.
The CSC can help you there.

Check this thread for another Samsung :
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=354669

ape8ehun.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys, I'll try these for sure.
But why do some S5's have "galaxy s5" written on the back near the bottom, and some of them don't? You see both all over the internet, and I was wondering if it just has to do with what version, etc. I want to know if I should be concerned if mine doesn't have it.
I got the g900f version. I guess maybe nobody knows either?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a Note 3 and all the uk and us review shots just have Samsung on the back, so it may be a carrier add on like Verizon or AT&T.
A quick question in the S5 forums and you will get an answer in a heartbeat.

As the first responder said above, compare the full model number that Amazon direct sells, and the model number on the sellers listing.
I don't know which country you are in, but looking at Amazon UK here in London, the SM-G900F is sold here, and apparently from one reviewer given the wrong model, the G900H is sold in the US, though carriers have their own models G900V for Verizon, A for AT&T, T for T-Mobile US etc.

I do remember that like my Samsung, S5 UK versions normally end with BTU.

Welcome to Android Central!

u5unu4y8.jpg
rumu4eju.jpg
my4uzysy.jpg
4uqa3usa.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca