smiles in text messaged to me

U

Unregistered

My phone send smiles in as squares but the person gets the actual smile intended. but when they send a smile I get a square. Why is this please help me

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
What device do you have? I would say that you don't have emojis enabled correctly on your device. Look under language and keyboards and check your settings for emojis. Some keyboards have emoji packs in the Play Store. Your SMS app may also have emoji settings and emoji packs.

Posted via Android Central App

lettstalk

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
My phone is a Samsung Galaxy s4. The language is on emoji. When I use the smiles that came with the phone (standard ones that you can make) they come out but when I use the emoji they do not. But also receiving smiles I get squares... I've been trying to fix this for 2 hours please help

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Are you getting them or able to use them in other apps, i.e. email, snapchat, Facebook, anywhere else? If you can use and or see them other places that rules out your keyboard. Then we can focus on your SMS app. What app are you using for SMS, and if you say hangouts I'll stop you right there and tell you that's your problem. Actually either of the stock SMS should be avoided. Just to save some time, Handcent, Chomp, Go SMS, then just about anything else.

lettstalk

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi I don't see them in other places ie. In fb posts or IG posts they come up on my screen as white boxes. I have downloaded several plug ins and programs nothing works. So I uninstalling all of them and still nothing works. I spent 5 hours trying to fix it calling Samsung and they didn't know. So you know what I can do about this and how to fix it

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
If you can't see them anywhere it sounds like they aren't enabled on your phone for some reason. A quick Google of emojis Samsung s4 revealed several sites offering help with this but most only offered help finding the hidden emojis list, which I'm assuming you've found. Although one went farther to recommend Handcent SMS. This is a really good app, I use it myself, that offers a keyboard and plugin for emojis. I know you just stated that you've tried other plugins but I think installing an app like Handcent or an alternate keyboard my solve your emoji problem. In fact this site seems to elude to the fact that the S4 doesn't have emojis without a third party app.
http://myandroidmag.com/android-tips/emoji-samsung-galaxy-s4-without-rooting-2025.html

Good luck and post back so we know you got it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane