New Hangouts Dialer without GV

net62957

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
What are the pros and cons of using the new dialer without GV? After installing I was able to make a WiFi call without having GV installed. I've been trying to research this but I haven't found too much info on the subject. I've never used GV before. Thanks. :)

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't have GV (unavailable in Canada without some work-arounds). I haven't used the Hangouts dialer much, but hey - free calling anywhere in Canada and US is cool. Free is good. I find the connection not quite as good as an actual cellular call (although that could be my sometimes-sketchy satellite internet connection), but it works.

I think the biggest advantage of GV is if you often switch devices or carriers - having one number to give out would be a seriouos advantage. Other then that I haven't looked into it at all. Partly because I don't see the advantage for me - I don't make a whole lot of calls - and partly it's just not available to me. No point for me to investigate any further. Maybe someone else can give you more information

net62957

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
One answer I received from the Google Hangouts Help Forum was this...........without a GV# I can send calls but in order to receive calls and utilize sms features I'll need a GV#.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca