Samsung Galaxy S5 touch screen not working after update

A

AC Question

I just updated my S5 and now my touch screen doesn't work, leaving it pretty much unusable. Any suggestions?

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Hope your data is backed up. Factory Reset for you. If that does not work, take phone to your carrier for troubleshooting. They will evaluate for warranty swap or insurance claim.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If these were over the air updates (you didn't load a file into the phone, the carrier sent you one over the air), they're responsible for any damage the update might have caused. (Let's hope this isn't another S3 4.3 update debacle). Just bring the phone to the carrier's repair center (or store, if they don't maintain a repair center - AT&T and Verizon do, in some store within driving distance) and ask that they fix or replace it. You're responsible for having any important data backed up - it's always been that way in the computer industry, going back to IBM 709 days (1958), at least. If you haven't been backing up in the past, and there's something on that phone that you can't replace (and it's important), you sure will now.

(It's possible that they have a method of non--destructive reflashing. That will leave your data intact. Ask them before they reflash the phone. [Normally, reflashing leaves you with a phone the way it came out of the box.] It can be done - the file to do it for the AT&T Note 3 4.4.2 is posted on XDA [and that's a tough phone to get into] - so if they tell you it's not possible, it just means that they don't know how to do it, or the corporate office didn't think it necessary to supply their stores with a way of doing it.)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek