LG G2 middle of touch screen problem

Nathan McCage

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure how it happened. I did not download any new apps in a while and I haven't updated anything.
Yesterday, my touch screen started being weird while scrolling a Google page.
After a little bit of research, I pulled up the drawing app and I couldn't create a line across the middle of my screen. There is a quarter inch wide bar that cuts my screen into top and bottom halves and no touch gets read in that bar. Also, when I drag my finger across, there is a small moment where two signatures are marked and the screen will zoom in on something or click a link online.
I'm really looking for anyone else with this problem or a solution.
I believe it is a software issue because reboots or leaving the screen off will alleviate the problem for 10 seconds or make it worse for a little bit where the bar is wider.
Thank you for your help,
LG G2 user who is out of the country.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure how it happened. I did not download any new apps in a while and I haven't updated anything.
Yesterday, my touch screen started being weird while scrolling a Google page.
After a little bit of research, I pulled up the drawing app and I couldn't create a line across the middle of my screen. There is a quarter inch wide bar that cuts my screen into top and bottom halves and no touch gets read in that bar. Also, when I drag my finger across, there is a small moment where two signatures are marked and the screen will zoom in on something or click a link online.
I'm really looking for anyone else with this problem or a solution.
I believe it is a software issue because reboots or leaving the screen off will alleviate the problem for 10 seconds or make it worse for a little bit where the bar is wider.
Thank you for your help,
LG G2 user who is out of the country.
Perform a factory reset: system settings > security > factory reset.

Be sure to backup your data and sync with any accounts (i.e. Google) that are logged into the device.

Let us know how that goes and if there's a fix for it. If it continues then it could be a little deeper than just software, possibly hardware.

Nathan McCage

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Should've said I definitely tried a factory data reset. I backed up all data before hand. I've tried searching the site and most of Google for similar problems.
I tried a motion sensor calibration. I cannot do a battery pull and the phone has no SD card.
I saw iPhones had similar problems and they were just being traded in after switching SD cards; that obviously isn't a solution in this case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc